Departmen: Secretary 2
Bogor Agricultural University
Office: Agribusiness Department Faculty of Economics and Management Bogor Agricultural University Jl. Kamper, W4L5 Kampus IPB Darmaga-Bogor – West Java 16680
Phone/Fax: : +62-251 8627794
Currently: in Bogor
- Economics (2000-2002; Undergraduate)
- Marketing Management (1998-2000; Diploma/Teaching Assistant)
- Operation Research (1997-2003; Undergraduate/Teaching Assistant)
- Managerial Economics (1998-2003; Diploma and Undergraduate)
- Quantitative Method for Management (1999-2003; Diploma and Undergraduate/Teaching Assistant)
- Marketing Research (2000-2003; Diploma/Teaching Assistant)
- Cost and Benefit Analysis (2001-2003; Diploma/Teaching Assistant)
- Management (2000-2003; Diploma)
- Computer (2001-2003; Diploma)
- Basic Microeconomics (Teaching Assistant Fall Term 2004, International University of Japan)
- Applied Econometric (Teaching Assistant Winter Term 2005, International University of Japan)
- International Business (2005-2007)
- Business Forecasting (2005-2007)
- Quantitative Method for Business I (2011-present)
- Quantitative Method for Business II (2011-present)
- Research Methodology (2011-present)
- Managerial Economics (2011-present; Master)
- Doctor Degree – Agricultural and Resource Economics – Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, University of Tokyo, Japan
- Master Degree – International Development Program – Graduate School of International Relation, International University of Japan (IUJ), Japan
- Under Graduate – Agribusiness – Department of Agricultural Social Economics, Faculty of Agriculture, Bogor Agricultural University, Indonesia
Theses and Dissertation:
- Dissertation: The Role of Palm Oil Industry in Indonesian Economy and Its Export Competitiveness
- Thesis: The Export Tax and Indonesia’s Palm Oil Export
Journal: Rifin, Amzul. 2010. The Effect of Export Tax on Indonesia’s Crude Palm Oil (CPO) Export Competitiveness. ASEAN Economic Bulletin, Vol 27(2), pp. 173-184.
Journal: Rifin, Amzul. 2010. An Analysis of Indonesia’s Palm Oil Position in the World Market: A Two Stage Demand Approach. Oil Palm Industry Economic Journal, Vol 4(2), pp. 35-42.
journal: Rifin, Amzul. 2010. Export Competitiveness of Indonesia’s Palm Oil Product. Trends in Agricultural Economics, Vol 3(1), pp.1-18.
Journal: Rifin, Amzul and Lukytawati Anggraeni. 2010. The Contribution of Agricultural Sub Sector on Indonesian Economy.Socio-Economic of Agriculture and Agribusiness, Vol 10(1), p.40-45.
Journal: Putri, Eka Intan, Widyastutik, Amzul Rifin, Sri Hartoyo and Heny Daryanto. 2008. Kebijakan Pungutan Ekspor Crude Palm Oil Kelapa Sawit: Perkembangan dan Mekanisme Pemungutannya. Jurnal Agribisnis dan Ekonomi Pertanian, Vol 2(1), p.17-28.
Journal: Nurdiyani, Fitri and Amzul Rifin. Integrasi Pasar Kakao Indonesia (Indonesia’s Cacao Market Integration). Jurnal Agribisnis dan Ekonomi Pertanian, Vol 1(2).
Journal: Rifin, Amzul. 2007. Public Spending and Rural Poverty in Indonesia. Jurnal Agribisnis dan Ekonomi Pertanian, Vol 1(1).
Newspaper: Will ASEAN-China FTA boosts Indonesia’s agricultural export. Jakarta Post, April 5 2010.
Newspaper: Farmers get little from CPO tax cut. Jakarta Post, November 26 2008.
Newspaper: Dampak Penurunan Pungutan Ekspor CPO Indonesia (The Effect of CPO Tax Decrease). Republika, November 4 2008.
Book chapter: Rifin, Amzul. 2008. Analisis Pemasaran Minyak Kelapa Sawit Indonesia in Bunga Rampai Agribisnis, Seri Pemasaran. IPB Press, Bogor Indonesia.
Book chapter: Oktaviani, Rina, Amzul Rifin and Heny Reinhardt. 2007. A Review of Regional Tariffs and Trade in the ASEAN Priority Goods Sectors in Brick by Brick The Building of an ASEAN Economic Community, Denis Hew Wei-Yen ed. Institute of Southeast Asian Studies, Singapore.
Paper: Rifin, Amzul. Export Competitiveness of Indonesia’s Palm Oil Product in Europe. Paper presented at the 18thIndonesian Scientific Meeting, Nagoya, Japan, August 7-8, 2010.
Paper: Rifin, Amzul. What Determines the Price of Cooking Oil in Indonesia. Paper presented at the 14th Asian Forum on Business Education (AFBE), Bogor, Indonesia, June 12-14, 2010.
Paper: Rifin, Amzul. 2010. The Impact of Palm Oil Industry on Factor of Production and Households in Indonesia. Paper presented at the Agricultural Economists Society of Japan Conference 2010. Kyoto, Japan, March 27-28 2010.
Paper: Rifin, Amzul. 2009. Price Linkage between International Price of Crude Palm Oil (CPO) and Cooking Oil Price in Indonesia. Paper presented at 27th Conference of International Association of Agricultural Economists (IAAE). Beijing, China, August 16-22 2009.
Paper: Rifin, Amzul. 2009. The Analysis of Indonesia’s Palm Oil Market Position in the World Market. Paper presented at the Agricultural Economists Society of Japan Conference 2009. Tsukuba, Japan, March 28-29 2009.
Paper: Rifin, Amzul. 2008. The Effect of Export Tax on Indonesia’s Crude Palm Oil (CPO) Competitiveness. Paper presented at 11 th East Asian Economic Association International Conference in Manila, Philippines, 15-16 November 2008.
Paper: Rifin, Amzul. 2008. Price Linkage between International Price of Crude Palm Oil (CPO) and Cooking Oil Price in Indonesia. Paper presented at Symposium on Agriculture, Sciences and Technology 2008. Tokyo, Japan, June 21 2008.
Paper: Oktaviani, Rina and Amzul Rifin. 2006. Integrasi Pasar ASEAN pada Sektor Prioritas (ASEAN Market Integration in Priority Sector). Presented during Intra-Industry Trade in ASEAN Discussion. Directorate Macroeconomic Policy, Department of Finance, Jakarta, Indonesia, November 14, 2006.
Training and Seminar Participant:
- Academic Writing and Research Proposal Training. Bogor Agricultural University. Bogor, April 25-26 2006.
- Seminar on Agribusiness Education Development in Indonesia: Developing Human Resource in Agriculture. Bogor Agricultural University. Jakarta, November 28 2006.
- Seminar on Developing Business Reputation: Re-Branding Indonesian Agriculture. Bogor Agricultural University. Bogor, September 6 2007.
- Academic Writing Training. Bogor Agricultural University. Bogor, May 4 2011.
- Business Accreditation Seminar. The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). Singapore May 22-23 2011.
- Capacity Building Workshop on use of Gravity Modeling. ARTNeT/RIS. New Delhi November 9-11 2011
East Asian Economic Association (2008-2010)
Agricultural Economists Society of Japan (2008-now)
International Association of Agricultural Economists (IAAE) (2009-now)
- Irrigation System Performance and Factors Influenced the Willingness for Farmers to Pay IPAIR. Departement of Post Graduate, Bogor Agricultural University. 1997.
- Tropical Fruit Competitive Ability and Its Development Strategy. Department of Agricultural Social Economics, Faculty of Agriculture, Bogor Agricultural University. 1998-2000.
- Agribusiness Model Development in West Java. Ministry of Agriculture. 1999.
- Agribusiness Model Development in Southeast Sulawesi. Ministry of Agriculture. 1999.
- Development of Supply and Demand of Paddy and Palawija Model. Ministry of Agriculture. 2000.
- Analysis of Fertilizer Marketing in West Java. Faculty of Agriculture. 2001.
- Impact Assessment of the Second Agriculture Research Management Project (ARMP). Collaborative Work between Ministry of Agriculture and SEARCA-Philippines. 2002.
- Government Policies, Natural Resources and the Environment: Analyzing Paths to Sustainability. CSIRO Australia and World Bank. 2006.
- An Investigation into the Measures Affecting the Integration of ASEAN’s Priority Sectors. ASEAN Secretariat. 2006.
- Crude Palm Oil (CPO) Export Tax Policy. Ministry of Finance. 2006.
- Trade Facilitation in Southeast Asia. UNESCAP/UNDP. 2006.
- Monitoring and Evaluation of HPSP Project. PSP3 Bogor Agricultural University.2006-2007
- Feasibility Study of Rubber Factory in South Barito, Central Kalimantan. Department of Agronomy and Horticulture IPB. 2007.
- Bank Intermediation. Cooperation between International Center for Applied Finance and Economics (Intercafe) IPB and Bank Indonesia. 2007
- The Competitiveness of Sugarcane. Department of Agribusiness, Faculty of Economics and Management, Bogor Agricultural University. 2011.
- The Effect of Seed and Fertilizer Subsidy to Indonesian Economy. Collaboration between PT Pertani and PSP3 Bogor Agricultural University.
- Market Access and Trade in Services. Ministry of Trade. 2011.
- The Effect of Financial Inclusion in the Non-Bank Sector to Indonesian Economy and Competitiveness. Ministry of Finance. 2011.
Instructor of Training:
- Econometrics for Senior High School Teacher. Department of Education. 1997-1998.
- Change and Farm Management for Leaf Department. Leaf Department, British American Tobacco Indonesia, Magelang Central Java. 2001.
- Entrepreneurship for Under-graduate Graduates. Collaboration between Ministry of Cooperatives and Bogor Agricultural University. 2006.